Heart Health : Cardiac Symptoms in Women
inside the reference manual of cardiology, can be the space devoted to the description of symptoms which often occur with heart disease. In most cases, symptoms of which "typical" become a list of symptoms of men. In women, symptoms vary widely as well as are usually treated by cardiologists as "atypical. Because more women die via heart disease than men in those days, the exact statistics of symptoms in people who are "atypical treatment.
Angina pectoris among women
When women suffer via angina are more likely than men to experience atypical symptoms. Many women report burning or heat or pain inside the back, shoulders, arms or jaw, often have no chest pain at all. Any Great doctor will think of angina pectoris at each time a patient spends described disadvantages associated with the effort lies somewhere above the waist, as well as did not definitely dethroned by "atypical" inside the descriptions . However, because many doctors still believe which the CAD can be rare in women who are very sensitive to the depreciation of such simple symptoms of musculoskeletal pain or gastro-intestinal.
Myocardial infarction (MI, myocardial infarction) also tend to behave differently in women. They often have nausea, vomiting, indigestion, shortness of breath or extreme fatigue - yet no chest pain. Unfortunately, these symptoms are easily attributed to additional than the heart. Women are also more likely than men to have "silent" MIS - MIS, without acute symptoms as well as the diagnosis only at a later date if subsequent cardiac symptoms.
Chest pain with normal coronary arteries
as well as women are more likely than men to experience true angina (chest pain caused by coronary artery disease), yet with "normal" coronary arteries after cardiac catheterization. Click which link to read about three diseases which cause chest pain with normal coronary arteries.
Women minimize their symptoms
DrRich has always believed which women are less about their cardiac symptoms than men, allowing doctors think they are doing better than they are definitely complaining. However, scientific evidence showing which, in fact, women tend to their heart disease symptoms to minimize.
Medical care if women
1) You may have had angina pectoris
Visit your doctor or pharmacist if you have any of the following symptoms:
- The episodes of pain, pressure, burning or tightness inside the chest, jaw, shoulders, back or arms as well as take a 5 - 10 minutes
- Unexplained episodes of breathlessness for a maximum of 5 - 10 minutes
- The episodes of palpitations with dizziness or vertigo
2) You may suffer a heart attack
Call 911 if you have one or more of these symptoms:
- Pain, pressure, burning or tightness inside the chest, jaw, shoulders, back or arms, lasting more than 5 - 10 minutes
- Unexplained shortness of breath for more than 5 to 10 minutes
- Sudden nausea, vomiting or indigestion
- Sudden sweating for no reason
- Sudden unexplained extreme fatigue
- Loss of consciousness or fainting
- Suddenly, the panic of Doom
as well as while you're waiting for the ambulance, chew an aspirin. (A chewable aspirin inside the blood faster than swallowing an aspirin, as well as helps prevent blood clotting.)