4 Effects of Second Hand Smoke You Should Know AboutDo you live that has a smoker? Effects of second hand smoke are much deadlier. You are not protected via every harmful consequence at all. the idea may be unfair yet of which is usually how the idea is usually.
First, what is usually second hand smoke? the idea is usually the mainstream smoke coming via the smoker's mouth every time he puffs on the cigarette and also also also exhales. the idea is usually also the side stream smoke of which comes via the burning tip of the cigarette.
So, what are the dangers second hand smoke brings?
Your heart suffers tremendously each time you inhale cigarette smoke.
- Your heart's arteries age much faster.
- Your heart has to work harder by pumping more blood due to lack of oxygen and also also also the presence of carbon monoxide.
- Your blood pressure goes up. A raise in your blood pressure is usually one of the dangers your heart faces. the idea burdens your heart and also also also blood vessels and also also also increases your chance of getting a heart attack or a stroke.
Your lungs take a beating because they inhale poisonous carbon monoxide instead of fresh oxygen.
- Your lungs are today more susceptible to a lot of lung diseases such as the simple cough, the life-threatening asthma attacks, and also also also the complicated chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases. Lung diseases are negative effects of second hand smoke.
- The airways of your lungs become narrow leading to production of mucus. Too much mucus becomes a danger as the idea serves as breeding ground for different types of viruses and also also also bacteria.
- These bacteria and also also also viruses can cause lung infections such as tuberculosis, bronchitis and also also also pneumonia.
- Cigarette smoke causes scarring of your lung tissues.
Your Immune system is usually ravaged as you consistently inhale cigarette smoke.
- Your immune cells become unhealthy and also also also your immune system produces weak antibodies. These poor quality immune cells and also also also antibodies are unable to effectively control invading viruses and also also also bacteria.
- The cigarette smoke you inhale causes your immune cells to attack the tissues of your lungs scarred by cigarette smoke, thinking they are fighting foreign bodies.
- Second hand smoke kills healthy lymphocytes further causing the immune system not to function as fully as the idea should.
- the idea leads to chronic inflammation inside your body, which is usually the root of all diseases.
Your digestive system is usually not spared, either.
- Cigarette smoke hinders your pancreas via producing sodium bicarbonate which neutralizes the acids in your stomach. Then the idea increases the amount of acid of which your stomach secretes, and also also also the idea strengthens H. Pylori bacteria of which might already be present within the stomach. All these can lead to peptic ulcers.
- What's worse is usually when you seek treatment for your ulcer and also also also you still smoke, the healing takes longer.
- You are also more prone to Crohn's disease -- inflammation of your intestine lining -- which is usually one of the factors for what causes colon cancer. Yes...different types of cancer are the most harmful consequence of exposure to second hand smoke.