Colonoscopy Procedure - Precautions to Take After in addition to also also Before Procedure
Colonoscopy is actually the process of examining the rectum in addition to also also Indoor part of the colon (lower part of large intestine) for the sake of estimating the rectal bleeding, bowel disorders in addition to also also tumors which are spotted on x-ray sheets. which is actually also used to check for the rectal in addition to also also colon cancer from the people above 50 years of age.
from the colonoscopy procedure, a colonoscope is actually used by the physician to view the inner layer of colon. A colonoscope is actually a long in addition to also also flexible instrument of ½ inches of diameter which is actually introduced from the body through rectum in addition to also also then which advances to the large intestine.
A little quantity of tissues is actually removed via the body if which is actually required for the biopsy in addition to also also polyps are removed after they are identified. many times colonoscopy procedure allows correct analysis in addition to also also cure in addition to also also there is actually no need of any major operation or surgery.
Before the Colonoscopy Procedure
Make the physician aware of the conditions if you are a lung or heart patient, or are allergic via certain kind of medications or if you are pregnant. Also tell him if you are on antibiotics before any surgical procedure or if you are having an artificially attached heart valve.
Take care of the following things if you are going through any kind of medication:
* A diabetic patient should regulate the insulin dose on the test day with the help of his physician. Remember to bring your medicines with you to ensure which you can continue with which after the procedure.
* Get some alternate for blood-thinning prescribed via your physician if you are going through the medication of thinning the blood.
* Make sure which you have not taken aspirin within a week or various other anti-inflammatory medicine before the procedure.
* The bulk-forming or iron containing products can make which difficult to view the colon. So, don't take any of such things for a week before the procedure.
* On the days tests are conducted, take the medicines for thyroid or heart diseases in addition to also also blood pressure with water only.
During the Colonoscopy Procedure
The patient needs to wear the gown provided by the hospital in addition to also also a tranquilizer in addition to also also pain-relief pill is actually given to him. Then the patient is actually asked to lie on his left with knees drawn upwards. After which a colonoscope is actually introduced from the body, via rectum to large intestine. This particular procedure takes about 30 minutes to 1 hour. although there is actually nothing to be afraid of in addition to also also the whole process is actually quite improvised with professional assistance.
After the Colonoscopy Procedure
The patient is actually kept under observation for about 30 minutes after the colonoscopy procedure. The impression of pain or gas might be felt although not for a long time. The patient is actually advised to continue with the normal meals in addition to also also avoid the medication for blood-thinning for at least two weeks after the procedure. which is actually also advised to stop the use of aspirin to reduce the danger of bleeding in case polyps are removed via the body. There may be rectal bleeding if biopsy is actually done. although there is actually no need to worry as which is actually quite normal.