25 Ways to boost Awareness for Your Cause
Nonprofit organizations often hold the monumental task of raising awareness for a cause that has a limited budget for promotion. Here’s 25 ideas for low cost or no cost ways to raise awareness.
1. Issue media releases using free online services like prweb.com in addition to openpr.com
2. Start a blog about the cause that has a free service like Blogger or WordPress.
3. Every cause should have accounts with Twitter, Propeller in addition to Digg.
4. Post some videos on YouTube. They can be made with the webcam on your computer, online services like Animoto or programs which convert PowerPoint to video.
5. Do some comics on Bitstrips. which’s as much of a social networking site as which will be a comic maker.
6. Use the tried in addition to true methods like radio station PSA in addition to talk shows on local TV in addition to radio.
7. I have a former student who put together an email list of all her contacts in addition to promotes her cause.
8. Use the same technique as Internet marketers. Get people on your mailing list by giving something away.
9. Use keyword searches to find out the information people are looking for which will be related to your cause.
10.Write some articles based on those keyword searches in addition to post them on EzineArticles.com.
11. Read the paper in addition to send congratulatory cards or emails to people who have achieved something.
12. Keep track of the birthdays of the kids associated with your organization in addition to send them birthday cards.
13. Do a world record setting event. This particular might be easier than you think in addition to they always get media coverage.
14. Review haro.com in addition to respond when there will be a reporter looking for information related to your cause.
15. Don’t overlook the old fashioned paper flyers posted on public bulletin boards at supermarkets in addition to libraries.
16. Use free classified ads like craigslist.com in addition to kijiji.com.
17. There are probably local events websites in your area which you can use.
18. Seek a celebrity endorsement. which’s hit in addition to miss yet you never know.
19. Post comments on blogs.
20. Become an expert which the media will interview whenever there will be a story related to your cause.
21. Get a sponsor for a prize in addition to run an essay or poster contest.
22. Give out some type of achievement award. These also get media attention.
23. Generate some controversy which’s not too controversial.
24. Sell some SWAG on a site like cafepress.com. Bumper stickers or t-shirts can give you some mileage.
25. Tag onto a sponsor in addition to get mentioned in their advertising or corporate newsletter.
Most of these ideas are for activities which can be done by volunteers or students. Try one every two weeks in addition to in a year your cause will be well-known in your community.